A bricklayer helper, also known as a bricklayer’s assistant or bricklayer’s laborer, is an entry-level position in the construction industry that provides support to experienced bricklayers. The primary role of a bricklayer helper is to assist bricklayers in various tasks involved in brick and masonry construction. Here’s a general job description for a bricklayer helper:
- Materials Preparation: Bricklayer helpers assist in preparing materials and tools required for the construction process. This includes gathering and delivering bricks, mortar, cement, sand, and other necessary supplies to the work area. They may also be responsible for mixing mortar or preparing other materials as instructed by the bricklayer.
- Construction Site Setup: Bricklayer helpers assist in setting up the construction site before the bricklaying process begins. This may involve clearing debris, digging trenches, leveling the ground, or erecting scaffolding.
- Bricklaying Assistance: The primary responsibility of a bricklayer helper is to assist the bricklayer in laying bricks and building structures. They pass bricks, mortar, and other materials to the bricklayer, ensuring a steady supply for uninterrupted work. They may also help in positioning and aligning bricks, using tools such as trowels, hammers, or levels.
- Mortar Mixing and Cleanup: Bricklayer helpers may be involved in mixing mortar or preparing other adhesives used in bricklaying. They need to ensure proper consistency and quantity as instructed by the bricklayer. Additionally, they assist in cleaning the construction site by removing excess mortar, debris, and waste materials.
- Tool Maintenance: Bricklayer helpers are responsible for maintaining and cleaning tools and equipment used in bricklaying. This may include cleaning and storing trowels, hammers, levels, and other tools properly after use.
- Safety Compliance: Bricklayer helpers must adhere to safety regulations and guidelines at the construction site. They should wear appropriate protective gear, such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, and steel-toed boots. They must also be aware of potential hazards and report any unsafe conditions to the bricklayer or supervisor.
- Location: Duagh, AB
- Salary: 22.00 to 30.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
- No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?