The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
- Type – Undergraduate
- Organisation – University of Toronto
- Country to study – Canada
- School to study – University of Toronto
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – January 15, 2024
Aim and Benefits of University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
- The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
Requirements for University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; although you can apply up to December 15 2023, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC as soon as possible. The recommended date to apply for admission is before November 7, 2023 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
January 15, 2024
How to Apply
The 2024 Competition opens in September 2023. To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here in September.(external link) High schools who have participated in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application when you are successfully nominated by your school.
For more details,visit University of Toronto website