A restaurant supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant, ensuring excellent customer service, and maintaining a positive dining experience for guests. They lead a team of restaurant staff, coordinate tasks, and ensure smooth operations in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Location: 1550 PHILIP AVENUE North Vancouver, BCV7P 2V8
- Salary: 18.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise Restaurant Operations:
- Oversee daily operations, ensuring efficient service and adherence to quality standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, organization, and appearance of the restaurant.
- Coordinate with kitchen staff to ensure timely preparation and delivery of food.
- Handle customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints, ensuring their satisfaction.
- Staff Management:
- Train, guide, and motivate restaurant staff to deliver exceptional service.
- Schedule and assign tasks to staff, ensuring optimal coverage during peak hours.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to improve team performance.
- Address any disciplinary or performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure food and beverage quality, presentation, and portion control meet standards.
- Monitor and enforce health and safety regulations to maintain a safe environment.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and address any maintenance or operational issues.
- Implement and uphold hygiene and sanitation protocols throughout the restaurant.
- Sales and Revenue Management:
- Monitor sales and revenue performance, aiming for profitability and targets.
- Implement strategies to increase sales, such as promotional activities or upselling.
- Manage inventory levels, ordering supplies as needed, and maintaining cost control.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and execute business strategies.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Maintain accurate records of sales, inventory, and staff attendance.
- Prepare reports on operational performance, financials, and customer feedback.
- Assist in budget planning and control, ensuring cost-effective operations.
- Stay updated with industry trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in a supervisory or management role within the restaurant industry.
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant operations, food preparation, and service standards.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and food safety procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient in using restaurant management software and POS systems.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Must have knowledge of the establishment’s culinary genres
- Establish work schedules
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
1550 PHILIP AVENUENorth Vancouver , BCV7P 2V8
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Restaurant supervisor:
What is the role of a restaurant supervisor?
A restaurant supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant, ensuring smooth service, and maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction. They manage and train staff, coordinate with other departments, handle customer inquiries, and uphold health and safety regulations.
What are the key responsibilities of a restaurant supervisor?
The key responsibilities of a restaurant supervisor include:
- Managing and training restaurant staff
- Monitoring food quality, presentation, and service
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Handling customer inquiries and resolving issues
- Scheduling and coordinating staff shifts
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies
- Collaborating with the management team on business strategies
- Ensuring a positive dining experience for customers
What qualities and skills are important for a restaurant supervisor?
Effective restaurant supervisors possess the following qualities and skills:
- Strong leadership and management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and procedures
- Customer service orientation and the ability to handle customer inquiries or complaints
What experience or qualifications are typically required for a restaurant supervisor position?
While specific requirements may vary, typical qualifications for a restaurant supervisor may include:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role in the restaurant industry
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, food preparation, and service standards
- Familiarity with POS (Point of Sale) systems and other restaurant management software
- Basic understanding of financial aspects, such as budgeting and cost control
- Completion of relevant certifications or training programs in food safety or hospitality management
How can I become a restaurant supervisor?
To become a restaurant supervisor, it is beneficial to gain experience in the restaurant industry by working in various roles, such as a server, bartender, or assistant manager. Obtaining relevant certifications, such as food safety or hospitality management, can also enhance your qualifications. Additionally, developing strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills will help you stand out in the field and increase your chances of advancement to a supervisory position.
What is the career growth potential for a restaurant supervisor?
A restaurant supervisor can pursue various career paths within the hospitality industry. With experience and demonstrated leadership abilities, they may advance to roles such as restaurant manager, food and beverage director, or general manager. Additionally, opportunities for growth exist in other sectors of the hospitality industry, such as hotel management or event planning.