We are seeking experienced and reliable Long Haul Truck Drivers to join our transportation team. As a Long Haul Truck Driver, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of goods over long distances, ensuring timely deliveries and adhering to all traffic and safety regulations.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 27.50 hourly / 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 6
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
- Safely operate a commercial motor vehicle, such as a tractor-trailer or semi-truck, to transport goods over long distances
- Plan and organize routes based on delivery schedules, traffic conditions, and customer requirements
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the truck and trailer to ensure mechanical fitness and safety compliance
- Load and unload cargo using appropriate equipment and secure it properly to prevent damage during transit
- Adhere to all traffic laws and safety regulations, including hours of service (HOS) regulations
- Maintain accurate records of mileage, fuel consumption, and hours of service as required
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers, customers, and fellow drivers to provide updates on delivery status and resolve any issues that may arise
- Monitor and report any maintenance or repair needs of the truck and equipment
- Follow company policies and procedures related to safety, security, and paperwork
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with the appropriate endorsements
- Clean driving record with no major violations or accidents
- Minimum [X] years of experience as a long haul truck driver
- Strong knowledge of traffic laws, safety regulations, and best practices for cargo handling and securement
- Excellent driving skills and the ability to navigate various road and weather conditions
- Physical stamina and the ability to spend extended periods on the road
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately
- Basic mechanical knowledge to handle minor repairs and maintenance issues
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
778-591-8660 Between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM
7170, 151 STREET SURREY, BCV3S 7Y8
What is a long haul truck driver?
A long haul truck driver is a professional driver who transports goods over long distances, typically across state lines or even between countries. They operate large commercial trucks, commonly known as tractor-trailers or semis, to deliver goods to various destinations.
What are the main responsibilities of a long haul truck driver?
The primary responsibility of a long haul truck driver is to safely and efficiently transport goods from one location to another. This includes planning and organizing routes, conducting pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the truck, loading and unloading cargo, following traffic and safety regulations, and maintaining accurate records of deliveries and expenses.
What qualifications do I need to become a long haul truck driver?
To become a long haul truck driver, you typically need a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and a clean driving record. Many employers also require a certain amount of driving experience, usually gained through a truck driving school or on-the-job training. It is also important to have good physical stamina, as long haul driving can involve spending extended periods on the road.
What are the working conditions like for long haul truck drivers?
Long haul truck drivers often work long hours and spend a significant amount of time away from home. They may have irregular schedules and need to be flexible to accommodate delivery deadlines and changing road conditions. The work environment can be physically demanding, with extended periods of sitting and exposure to different weather conditions.
How is the pay for long haul truck drivers?
The pay for long haul truck drivers can vary depending on factors such as experience, company, and the type of cargo being transported. It often includes a combination of a base salary and additional pay based on mileage or the number of deliveries made. Some drivers may also receive bonuses or benefits from their employers.
Are there any specific skills or qualities that are important for long haul truck drivers?
Strong driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws and safety regulations are essential for long haul truck drivers. They should also have good communication skills to interact with customers, dispatchers, and other drivers on the road. Additionally, time management, problem-solving, and adaptability are important qualities for dealing with the challenges that may arise during long-distance trips.
What are the career prospects for long haul truck drivers?
The demand for long haul truck drivers is generally stable, as the transportation of goods is a vital part of the economy. However, it’s important to note that advancements in automation and self-driving technologies may impact the industry in the future. Nevertheless, experienced long haul truck drivers with a good driving record and a strong work ethic are likely to have ongoing job opportunities.